Volunteer Information for DMS PTO
Volunteer Applications need to be submitted on a yearly basis to the school district and can take up to 2 - 4 weeks to process. Please submit you application as soon as you can so you can help. You can find more information on PfISD's Volunteer Information page.
Here are some of the volunteer activities and events
- PTO Sponsored Concessions - Ensure the concessions are staffed and food is purchased for each sporting event sponsored by the PTO throughout the year.
- 8th Grade Gift - Work with Treasurer and Board in determining and purchasing the 8th grade end of school year gift.
- Teacher Appreciation Days - Establish dates and organize donations and volunteers for teacher appreciation days.
- PTO Sponsored Dance - Organize the first dance of the year: decorations, concessions, music, volunteers, chaperons.
- Student Hang-Out Nights - Volunteers to chaperon.
- Fall Festival/Arts & Crafts Bazaar - Organize preparations and attend the event. Solicit vendors, solicit donations from local establishments, work with Treasurer and VP of Fundraising to purchase food for event, organize volunteers for concessions,set up and clean up, communicate event date/time to the school and community.
- Other Fundraising - Organize other fundraising events throughout the year such as Pizza Nights, after school Bake Sale.
- Family Nights - Organize event(s) throughout the year for the whole family to attend with their student.
- PTO Membership Drive - Work with the VP of Membership throughout the year in the solicitation of PTO memberships.
- Parent Volunteers - Assist the committees on making calls to obtain volunteers for the various events throughout the year.
- Marquee - Change school marquee weekly or as needed.
- Field Day - Organize preparations for Field Day, including purchase of concessions, establish activities and solicit volunteers, and communicate event date/time to the school.